Since when do the borders in Argentina open?
The first step will be taken with the opening of the borders as of October 1 for neighboring countries (Brazil, Chile, Paraguay and Uruguay). Those coming from other countries will be allowed into Argentine territory as of November 1. And though the opening will be gradual, this decision guarantees a safer stay.
What do I need to enter the country?
– Complete vaccination schedule, ideally 14 days prior to arrival in Argentina.
– A negative PCR test, 72 hours prior to boarding. If determined by the health authorities, an antigen test may be required on arrival.
– Health or Travel insurance with coverage for Covid-19 related expenses (the insurance policy must indicate such coverage. Otherwise, a confirmation by the insurance provider must be produced).
The electronic affidavit for travelers must be filled in before entering the country. Find the form here.
PLEASE NOTE: Minors without a complete vaccination scheme do not need to isolate or do a PCR test on the 7th day. In addition, children under 6 do not need to produce a negative PCR 72 hours before boarding.
– A PCR test must be done between the third and fifth day after arrival in the country.
What will the situation be like in Argentina?
Argentina has been making progress in its vaccination program and measures and controls have been gradually loosened over the last few months. While the use of a face mask is still mandatory in indoor spaces (classrooms, cinemas, movie theatres, working places, public transportation, shows and large-scale events), most of the tourist attractions are open to visitors. Not to mention the fact that we are in the beginning of springtime and close to summertime, which means ideal weather for visitors to enjoy their trip around Argentina.
Covid-19: Our flexibility program for all new bookings
Planning a trip nowadays can be really rewarding, giving you- among other things- the chance to book flights and accommodation at a much lower rate. We know that the current situation calls for the security and flexibility that only an operator with a solid know-how and a reputation for excellence may offer. With that in mind, in Argentina On The Go we have created the “Travel Flexibly” program, a risk-free plan which gives travelers the peace of mind to organize their next adventure with the knowledge that they may make any necessary changes to suit the circumstances.
For new bookings made between January 1st, 2020 and Novembre 30th, 2021 with departure dates prior to June 30th 2022, you may cancel your booking up to 30 days prior to departure, in the event of a COVID-19-related reason*, with the benefit of a full refund without cancellation fees (excluding flights) and with a simple email request.
* At home or in your travel destination (such as local restrictions of government, restrictions to re-entry to its country of residence)
Between 30 days and departure date: you´ll be able to postpone the trip without fees (excluding flights), receiving a credit toward future travel valid through March 31st, 2023; that credit is non-transferable and non-refundable and will be applied as an offset to the new booking cost. All other standard terms and conditions apply to the booking. Where suppliers do not allow postponement or a refund, we will only pass on charges where they are applied. Certain flights have to be paid for at the time of booking and will be non-refundable, in which case we will mirror the applicable policy of the airline.
* Refund or propose the postponement shall be made within 30 days of the written request from the traveler to cancel the trip.